5 Ways to Enjoy Summer While Staying Close to Home
July 9, 2020 - No Comments - Posted by Texas Air Authorities
We Share How to Find Joy, Beauty, Fun in Staycations
As we await the reopening of businesses and venues and lament stalled summer plans due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s understandable that you may be feeling disappointed and frustrated. Here at Texas Air Authorities, we’ve been making a concerted effort to focus on some of the good things in life.
Being mindful of our blessings has helped us to stay positive, energized and productive. We hope this upbeat outlook is apparent as we visit your homes to provide our trusted air conditioner services in Kennedale, TX, and the surrounding areas.
Here are five simple ways to find joy if you’re planning to stay close to home this summer:
- Relax in your backyard. For many of us, our backyards are a focal point of relaxation and fun. From patios and swimming pools to grills and fire pits, this space is a great way to enjoy gatherings with family and friends and to experience the natural beauty of your surroundings. It’s also a great spot to spend “me time” reading a good book, catching up on a favorite podcast or meditating.
- Become a bird watcher. Another way to enjoy your yard is to watch as feathered friends stop by to visit. The Arlington area has dozens and dozens of beautiful and interesting birds, including ruby-throated hummingbirds, cardinals, downy woodpeckers, American goldfinches and cedar waxwings. One Arlington suburbanite, a birding expert, has identified nearly 100 species in his yard. Keep a diary and try to top his record!
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood. Area parks and hiking trails are excellent choices for exercising, breathing in fresh air and enjoying nature. But an old-fashioned walk in your own neighborhood is another great way to stay active and appreciate beautiful flowerbeds, gardens, architecture and other interesting sights you might have overlooked in the past. This is a convenient way to stay healthy and even drop a few pounds, too.
- Join the bread-baking craze. This pandemic has sent many Americans into their kitchens to bake bread and other goodies. If you haven’t joined this trend yet, you might want to try it. Many people say it’s a fun way to pass the time that has helped them relieve stress. What a real treat—literally!
- Enjoy your family. For many people, one of the unexpected benefits of the coronavirus crisis has been quality time with those they treasure most. Some families, like comedian Jim Gaffigan and his clan have welcomed the public into their self-quarantined family lives. For the Gaffigans, it started when they “invited” anyone who felt isolated or overwhelmed to join them for dinner each night. The event became so popular that the Gaffigans have turned it into a fundraiser for front line workers and people who are food insecure. Of course, you don’t need to turn your family time into a public event. Simply spending time with our loved ones is joyful and re-energizing.
We Are Grateful for You—Our Valued Customers!
The good guys at Texas Air Authorities are especially thankful for all of the families who have allowed us to come into your homes—safely, of course!—during this crisis. We will continue doing everything we can to keep you and our employees safe. From air conditioning installing services in Arlington, TX to indoor air quality improvements in Mansfield, TX, we are the team you can count on for any HVAC and IAQ service. When you need us, give us a jingle today at or fill out our online form.